ktools is a library which I wrote for my own programming needs,
though its main purpose is to provide various text-mode user interface
controls without a need to write too much code. Unfortunatelly, so far
there is no documentation available, thus volunteering for such a task
would be greatly appreciated. It's possible to get a clue with all the
parts of the library from the examples included into the package. Now, a
list of the main UI elements provided by ktools:
- A class that provides a window control.
- A tree view element that consists of nodes, sub-nodes,
sub-sub-nodes, etc. Can have any number of sub-levels.
- A text input control. Provides a text editing within a
single fixed-sized control.
- Dialog box is a container element that provides auto-layout
of included elements. The ones that can be put into a dialog
box are menus, tree views, text browsers, selection bars, etc.
- Provides a dialog with a feature to select one or more files or
- Provides a text editor control with features to cut and paste
blocks of text, undo and redo operations, syntax
- A text browsing element. Up and down scrolling directions.
- A horizontal menu item with an ability to define dropping down
- A scrolling list-type vertical menu.
- Color schemes manager for all the listed above controls.
Supports loading and saving to files and specifying defaults.
Most of the code was written quite a long ago and since it's working so
far I didn't try to rewrite it. That's why some places don't really
contain a good-looking source. Anyway, it's usable. A small note. To
display all of the stuff you'll also need to standard ncurses CRT